This is an easy way to cook Bok choy greens that I picked up during our travel to China in the summer of 2015.
Author: Noela Mogga
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: Asian Green Vegetable
Serves: 4 servings
- Bok choy greens
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Black dehydrated mushrooms (obtain from Asian store or international food store)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Black pepper, ground
- Wash bok choy leaves and cut into thin strips
- Boil black dehydrated mushrooms in 2 cups of water until soft. Drain water.
- In a saucepan, heat the cooking oil. Saute onions in oil until they begin to turn golden, then add bok choy leaves. Close lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add black mushrooms.
- Add soy sauce, black pepper and salt.
- Meal is finished when the vegetables are soft and crunchy. Serve as a side dish.
Serving size: 4